Is there a way to weight the data cases?
  • I would like to be able to process the data I'm using by weighting it. The data that I am working with contains both very high quality cases and some that are not as accurate. When modeling this data, I would like to place more importance on the accuracy of the model for the high quality data but not neglect the low quality data that I have. Initially, I did this by assigning a weighting factor to each test case. I then used this weighting factor to scale the residual from the model for each case, which lead to an R-square fitness value that drove the regression model to focus on the best quality data. I would like to use GeneXproTools to model my data, but I still need to weight the data. Is there a way to do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • The simplest way of doing this consists of duplicating a certain number of times the high quality sample cases, thus giving more clout to these sample cases in model design. Another alternative would be the creation of a custom fitness function where you could take into account your “weighting factor”.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!