saving variables when loading
  • I have just installed a trial version, and i am loading a 100 variables and about 30,000 records. program scans the file and stops as it it tries to save variables. I then get program not responding. I am using windows 8.1 Can someone help
  • Hi,

Is any of the variables you're using some kind of a sorted index?
  • there may be several variables that take on values as a result of a categorization prcoess-these are bins that can takes n values of 0,1,2,3,4,etc. Could this be a problem?
  • the program STOPs at the next to last variable in the 'saving categories for variables' process. If there are 77 variables it stops at d76, and then I get the windows message 'not responsing'. My last column is a response 0/1 variable. i have tried deletng colmns, and it seems to stop at what appears to bethe next to last column.

please help, as the progra appears to be ne that I would be interested in.
  • No, the fact that you have discrete variables shouldn't be a problem. Could you please send us a sample dataset where this happens?

Thanks.

Candida Ferreira
  • To whom shall i email the data set
  • Send it to support@gepsoft.com

Thanks.
  • Hi,

Thanks for sending the data. We were able to reproduce the problem on our end. We'll try and get this fixed in time for the next build update.

Meanwhile there's a workaround. You can replace the 0/1 in the Response Variable by No/Yes or some other categorical representation and that should solve the problem.

Thanks again!

Candida Ferreira
  • Unfortunately, that did not seem to work for me. It did work once for some reason, but did not work 7 or 8 other times. Hopefully, you can help.

• We're working on it. We'll get this fixed in the next build.

Thanks again for reporting this and sending the file.

Candida Ferreira
  • Hi again,

One problem that we detected with the .dat file that you sent us was the use of ".17" instead of "0.17" in variable d1. This can be easily solved by copying the dataset to Excel before loading it into GeneXproTools.

Notwithstanding, we are improving data loading to handle also these cases and a fix for this exception will be included in the next build.

Candida Ferreira
  • Hi again,

This issue was solved with v5.0 Mini-Release 1.

Candida Ferreira

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!