Problem with data loading
  • Welcome,

I have a problem with data loading. I have this http://sci2s.ugr.es/keel/dataset.php?cod=66 newtyroid database with .dat files. GeneXproTools support .dat. When I loading a file, program writes "The file contains more than one type of separator. Please correct the file and try again" What should I do whith these data ?
  • Hello,

The solution is to open the file in a text editor such as Notepad and removing the following lines from the top of the file:

@relation newthyroid
    @attribute T3resin integer [65, 144]
    @attribute Thyroxin real [0.5, 25.3]
    @attribute Triiodothyronine real [0.2, 10.0]
    @attribute Thyroidstimulating real [0.1, 56.4]
    @attribute TSH_value real [-0.7, 56.3]
    @attribute Class {3, 2, 1}
    @inputs T3resin, Thyroxin, Triiodothyronine, Thyroidstimulating, TSH_value
    @outputs Class

Leaving the remainder as it is.
  • Thank you for previous response. It's working. I have another dataset wpbc http://sci2s.ugr.es/keel/dataset.php?cod=111 . I removed section that you mentioned and GeneXproTools show me this:
    The dataset has duplicated labels which are not supported. Please remove the duplicated variable from the dataset or change it's label.
  • Hello,

I did the same with this new dataset and it worked. I wonder if you are leaving a blank line at the top?
  • I did the same It's working. I am not leaving blank line at the top. What version of GeneXproTools do you use ?
  • I am using GeneXproTools 5.0. If you send the file to support at gepsoft.com I can try it myself.
  • I send you a massage with a data file. Thank you
  • The problem with this file is that it contains spaces in the header (d0 , d1, d2, etc) and the rest of the file is comma separated. If you remove all the spaces from the header then it loads correctly.
  • I do this and this time program says:
    The dataset must have at least two variables: the Response Variable at least one Predictor Variable
  • Did you also remove the commas? The header and the first few lines should look like this:

d1,d2,d3,d4,d5,d6,d7,d8,d9,d10,d11,d12,d13,d14,d15,d16,d17,d18,d19,d20

• Ok, I resolved that problem. Thank you for message.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!